loader image

6 July 1418

Published by JR on

  • Fearing bands of war marauders roaming the country, the canons of Lirey hand over the Shroud to Humbert to place it in a safe place. The Shroud first stays at the castle of Montfort near Montbard and then at St Hippolyte-sur-Doubs, the seat of the Counts de la Roche, in a chapel bearing the name Des Buessarts.
  • According to 17th century sources, public displays of the Shroud are arranged at this time in a meadow on the banks of the Doubs, in a place called the Pré du Seigneur.
  • (It is probably at this time that a copy of the Shroud, later known as the Shroud of Besançon, is made).

error: Content is protected !!